VARious Things

May 7, 2024

From the Archive: Unveiling My Felted Shawls

Today, I'm taking a trip down memory lane and sharing a piece of my creative journey that you haven't seen before on this blog. Nestled away in my textile stash are a collection of felted shawls, crafted with love years ago using the wet felting technique.

Wet felting is a fascinating process that transforms raw wool fibers into a luxuriously soft and surprisingly sturdy fabric.  It's a beautiful alchemy of water, soap, and agitation, coaxing the wool to intertwine and create something entirely new. Each shawl is unique, a blend of wool, silk, and sometimes even other surprise fibers peeking through the layers. The wet felting process allows for incredible creativity.

 

While these shawls haven't graced the pages of this blog before, they represent a significant chapter in my artistic exploration. They were stepping stones on my path to where I am today, and I believe they deserve a place in this ongoing story.

Perhaps these archived pieces will inspire you to explore your own creative avenues, be it wet felting or something entirely different. There's a magic in taking raw materials and transforming them into something personal and expressive. Who knows what hidden talents you might unearth?

So, thank you for joining me on this little detour through my creative past.  While these shawls may not be fresh off the felting table, the memories and the love for textile arts they embody remain ever vibrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment